This year I have made a concerted effort to make some new spring/summer garments, as my wardrobe was looking decidedly shabby. Luckily there have been a few fabrics that I have liked and could wear, so part of the decision making has been made easier. Although not as productive as I would like to have been, my tally is not too bad.
A dress - using Falling Blooms, a cotton sateen with a bit of spandex, with a discontinued Simplicity Lisette pattern. This version was a trial, to see whether the pattern worked for me. It does, and is a very comfortable dress, but I will have to made a couple of modifications before I make the pattern again. I was thinking of making the next version in this beautiful Japanese linen/cotton double gauze.
(Not the best of images, as it is sitting crooked on the model!!)
Pants - in Lola, a 100% linen with a marle look, with a pants pattern drafted when Lutterloh were here a couple of years ago. Although still not perfect, these pants fit reasonably well and are comfortable.
A top - made with a remnant piece of a now sold out cotton sateen, using Simplicity pattern 8061. Teams perfectly with the pants.
The pink you may have noticed at the top if my pants was a shirt I started making late last summer, and gave up on it. It is an old McCalls pattern and I used the Echino cotton/linen fabric.
I finally managed to finish it, though it took a bit of unpicking and re-sewing to get it right. On the upside, I am pleased with the collar construction - I think it is one of the best I have done, although I am not sure it sits properly on me, and it definitely isn't on the model!! Now I had best get some wear out of it.
In progress, a basic skirt in this striped Lithuanian linen, which is a firm medium-heavy weight linen. This will be put on hold, because other things have now taken priority.
So that is it for this summer. Now for the rest of the year.